Partnership & Exchange Programs
Prior to working at the Global Education Office, Lauren worked as a Study Abroad Coordinator at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, where her role consisted of working closely with faculty to develop international programs. Additionally at Auburn, she provided student support for scholarship applicants and incoming/outgoing exchange students. If Lauren isn’t travelling (domestically or internationally), she is taking her dog on a walk, speaking German or working on her many sewing projects.
- B.A. International Studies and German; University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
- M.A. Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology; Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany
- Exchange student during high school in Zug, Switzerland
- Studied abroad for a summer in Fulda, Germany and a semester in Marburg, Germany
- Completed graduate school at Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany
- Traveled abroad to Austria, Belgium, Belize, Canada, Czechia (Czech Republic), England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, and Wales
Why Lauren works in global education: Working in the international education field has given me the opportunity to transform my passion into a career. I enjoy educating students on the multitude of study, intern, or research opportunities abroad. Ask me about exchange programs or scholarships, I’m happy to help students of all backgrounds!
Advice for students preparing to go abroad: ,,Denn es reist sich besser mit leichtem Gepaeck” Lyrics from Leichtes Gepaeck by Silbermond. "You can travel better if you pack light."
One of the most important lessons Lauren learned while studying abroad or traveling: Those who are flexible, rarely get bent out of shape.
Office Hours: Mondays: (virtual) 3-5 p.m.; Tuesdays: 9-11 a.m.; Thursdays: 3-5 p.m.; Fridays: 9-11 a.m.
Need an appointment outside her availability? Send her an email to request one.
Meet with Lauren to discuss year-long, semester and summer partnership and exchange program options in Mainland Europe (Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Russian Federation, Sweden) as well as to discuss the EuroScholars program.
She also advises incoming exchange students from Mainland Europe.