Senior International Coordinator
Partnership & Exchange Programs
Prior to joining the ASU Global Education Office, Maggie coordinated and led the efforts of the study abroad office at Southern Illinois University, gaining a passion for directly serving students in a university setting.
- B.A. Communication, B.A. Spanish; University of Illinois
- Studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain for an entire academic year
- Grew up visiting family in Ireland
- Worked as a volunteer coordinator in Ecuador for a small non-profit that offered service-learning programs and internships for adults and students
Why Maggie works in global education: It's always exciting! We get to work with students who are already interested in what we're passionate about. We get to partake in their life-changing experiences.
Advice for students preparing to go abroad: Thank your friends, family (support system) that helped get you there! And record memories while on site.
One of the most important lessons Maggie learned while studying abroad or traveling: Studying abroad teaches you how to navigate the unknown. Maybe a plan didn’t work out quite how you thought it would, you don’t speak the local language very well or you feel like an outsider for the first time. That’s okay. You learn to deal with the “unknown” by using the tools you do have at your disposal and the knowledge that we can thrive in ambiguity!
Office Hours: Tuesdays: 2:30-4:30 p.m.; Wednesdays (virtual): 1-3 p.m.; Thursdays 9:30-11:30 a.m.; Fridays: 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Phone: (480) 965-9524
Need an appointment outside her availability? Send her an email to request one.
Meet with Maggie to discuss year-long, semester and summer partnership and exchange program options in North America (Canada), Europe (Ireland, United Kingdom), and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand), as well as to discuss a Global Virtual Internship (last name A-K). She also advises incoming exchange students from the Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
To make an appointment online:
- Click the Request an appointment button above.
- If you have not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- You will see an email/information request page; your information will be automatically generated.
- Click Click to Request An Appointment in the center of the screen.
- The current week will appear with time slots of appointments available. To look at future weeks, click on Next Week in the top left corner.
- Click the time period that works best for you and then OK.
- You will be re-directed to the email/information request page. Please enter any specific questions you have about Global Education, including which programs you are considering and what term you plan to enroll in a Global Education program. Please also include your ASU affiliate ID number (if you have one) in your appointment request.
- Click Send