First Week at ASU
International exchange students must complete the following items within their first week at ASU:
- Update your local contact information on your MyASU account profile. This information also must be updated anytime you move residences while studying abroad at ASU.
- Complete SEVIS immigration check-in at the ASU International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC).
- Purchase your mandatory ASU identification card for $25.00 USD at the Sun Devil Card Office. Choose either the basic Sun Card or the Pitchfork Card (which includes a bank checking account). Your ASU identification card will be used often to receive services at ASU.
- Fix any issues with your ASU accounts (i.e. email account, ASUrite ID, or MyASU) by contacting the ASU Help Center.
- Finalize your course schedule and make sure that you are registered for a full course load at all times.
All exchange students must attend the two mandatory orientation sessions: one small session specifically for exchange students and one large session for all international students. Both sessions will be held about one week prior to the first day of classes. Specific dates and information will be provided in the International Exchange Program calendar and upon acceptance to the International Exchange Program.
Students will need to register in advance for the ASU International Student Orientation.
Welcome Activities and Resources
ASU provides various workshops, activities, and resources during the first weeks of the semester to help with the transition to life at ASU and the U.S. Students are highly encouraged to participate in ASU Welcome Events. These are official events that welcome new ASU students to campus.