Have questions?

  Have questions?

Live Chat
(Available Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m.)

search for programs

International Travel Registration

Access pre-trip resources, insurance and emergency support

Registering your international travel

ASU provides a secure system for students traveling outside the United States and its territories to record international travel plans and contact information. This convenient service will support emergency communications and give registered travelers access to valuable international health, safety and security resources.


Please note: Students, faculty and staff traveling on global education programs administered by the Global Education Office (GEO) do not utilize this system.

What are the benefits of registering?

Be informed. Be prepared. Be protected.

Travel Intelligence

Access mobile-ready international travel intelligence and expert risk analysis and advice — before and during your international travel — about things like immunization requirements, safety risks, emergency services, LGBTQIA traveler concerns and political stability/unrest.

Emergency Communications

Access 24/7 ASU emergency response services and enable ASU to reach you in the event of an emergency – abroad or at home. The travel registration system is ASU’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security related information.

International Health Insurance

Get covered by ASU's international health insurance program and access resources that will help you manage your medical needs abroad. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or natural disaster.

Who is required to register travel?

All ASU students participating in University-Related Travel outside of the United States and its territories,* as well as any ASU faculty/staff members engaged in University-Related Travel abroad with one or more ASU students, during which such faculty/staff have control, oversight or other supervisory responsibility over the accompanying ASU student(s). University-related travel includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:

  • Research, experiential learning (e.g., international internships, co-ops, volunteering, service-learning), independent study done abroad, or any other international travel that is part of an ASU class or for which the student receives ASU resident credit;
  • International travel sponsored by or affiliated with ASU or an ASU student organization (this applies to both affiliated and independent student organizations registered with EOSS);
  • Any other international travel by students for the purposes of officially representing ASU, such as participation in an academic or professional conference or athletic competition.

*Students/faculty/staff traveling abroad on programs administered by the ASU Global Education Office are registered in a separate system.