The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship* is a grant that is offered by the U.S. Department of State to support undergraduate students to study and intern abroad. If you’re getting a Pell grant at ASU and are studying or interning abroad on a credit-bearing experience, you can apply!
*Please review our Refund Policy for students who apply for but do not receive a Boren or Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions)
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their Global Education program or internship
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a Global Education or internship program that is eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement.
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation
Spring 2023 Sessions: Gilman International Scholarship
General Information Sessions
Learn more about the Gilman International Scholarship, eligibility requirements, application process, and general award timelines as well as how to get started with planning a study abroad experience.
|Thursday, January 26||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||Room on Tempe Campus TBD||RSVP|
|Tuesday, January 31||4:00pm to 5:00 pm||via Zoom|
Applicants are strongly encouraged to work with The Lorraine W. Frank Office of National Scholarships Advisement to write and review their essays. For more information on ONSA resources, scheduling a meeting, and more, please visit: https://onsa.asu.edu/getting-started.