The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship* is a grant that is offered by the U.S. Department of State to support undergraduate students to study and intern abroad. If you’re getting a Pell grant at ASU and are studying or interning abroad on a credit-bearing experience, you can apply!
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions)
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their Global Education program or internship
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a Global Education or internship program that is eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement.
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation
Applicants are strongly encouraged to work with The Lorraine W. Frank Office of National Scholarships Advisement to write and review their essays. For more information on ONSA resources, scheduling a meeting, and more, please visit: https://onsa.asu.edu/getting-started.
Gilman Information Sessions for Fall 2023
Wednesday, August 30, 12:00pm -1:00pm, Tempe Campus - RSVP
Thursday, August 31, 12:00pm - 1:00pm, West Campus - RSVP
Tuesday, September 5, 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Downtown Campus - RSVP
Wednesday, September 6, 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Polytechnic Campus - RSVP
Thursday, September 7, 4:30pm - 5:30pm, Online via Zoom - RSVP