Gilman International Scholarship
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship* is a grant that is offered by the U.S. Department of State to support undergraduate students to study and intern abroad. If you’re getting a Pell grant at ASU and are studying or interning abroad on a credit-bearing experience, you can apply!
*Please review our Refund Policy for students who apply for but do not receive a Boren or Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions);
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that he/she will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of his/her Global Education program or internship;
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a Global Education or internship program that is eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement;
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation.
Fall 2022 Sessions: Gilman International Scholarship
General Information Sessions
Learn more about the Gilman International Scholarship, eligibility requirements, application process, and general award timelines as well as how to get started with planning a study abroad experience.
|Wednesday, August 31||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||Poly Campus||RSVP|
|Thursday, September 1||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||Tempe Campus||RSVP|
|Tuesday, September 6||3:00 pm to 4:00 pm||Downtown Campus||RSVP|
|Tuesday, September 13||4:00 pm to 5:00 pm||West Campus||RSVP|
|Tuesday, September 20||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||via Zoom||RSVP|
|Wednesday, September 21||5:00 pm to 6:00 pm||via Zoom||RSVP|
Writing Workshops (via Zoom)
Current Gilman Scholarship applicants are invited to collaboratively draft application essays and receive feedback from ONSA and GEO advisors.
|Wednesday, September 14||12:00 pm to 2:00 pm (drop in)||via Zoom||Drop-In|
|Thursday, September 22||12:00 pm to 2:00 pm (drop in)||via Zoom||Drop-In|