Have questions?

  Have questions?

Live Chat
(Available Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m.)

International Students

As an international student going to college in the United States (with F-1/J-1 visa status), you may already think of yourself as studying abroad in a foreign country. You are experiencing a new culture and interacting with people from all walks of life. However, attending a U.S. college doesn’t mean you can’t study abroad in another country, too. The ASU Global Education Office is dedicated to helping you participate in a “double-abroad” experience.

While participating in a Global Education program, you will still be enrolled at ASU as an international student. Please be sure to meet with an Advisor in the International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC) as soon as you have made the decision to participate in a Global Education program. And don't forget to stay in touch with the ISSC throughout your preparation to participate in a Global Education program and before you return to ASU to continue your studies.

Tips to keep in mind

  • Participating in a “double-abroad” experience could enrich your undergraduate career, but you must make sure you plan ahead and understand all entry requirements to the study abroad destination as part of the planning process for Global Education
  • Consult with the International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC) to ensure that you are in compliance with immigration regulations and that you are not at risk of losing important immigration benefits such as Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
  • If traveling during the Fall or Spring semester, you have 10 days to update your address through MyASU
  • Depending on the country where your Global Education program is located, you may need to obtain a visa for the host country