GI-Bill Benefit Recipients
The Global Education Office welcomes and encourages veterans to participate in Global Education programs! Did you know that you may be eligible to use your GI Bill® benefits to help fund a Faculty Directed or Global Intensive Experience Global Education program? If you are interested in Global Education programs, begin your plans today!
- Visit the ASU Pat Tillman Veterans Center on your campus.
- Speak to your designated School Certifying Official to determine whether or not you are eligible to receive funding for Global Education programs.
- Research various Global Education program options and determine the best program for you.
- VA benefits may be used towards ASU Faculty Directed programs (primarily offered during the summer) and Global Intensive Experiences (offered during academic breaks with associated courses embedded into the semester).
- If you are having trouble narrowing down your options, the Global Education Office’s Choosing a Program page may help you determine what is most important to you in a Global Education program.
- If you're interested in hearing from a previous veteran or eligible dependent who has participated in a Global Education program, check out their advice to you.
- Meet the ASU Global Education Office International Coordinator responsible for your program of choice.
- Follow up with your designated School Certifying Official at the ASU Pat Tillman Veterans Center to ensure that your benefits will work with the program you have chosen. Please note that the VA will only pay towards the maximum in-state cost of attendance for courses that are applicable to your degree program.
- Apply to your chosen Global Education program. Once you have applied to your program, the Global Education Office will create a cost breakdown and submit it to the ASU Pat Tillman Veterans Center on your behalf. View a sample cost breakdown.
- Continue to check in with the Global Education Office and the ASU Pat Tillman Veterans Center to ensure that the necessary information is being transmitted between offices.
ASU Online students may also take advantage of GI Bill® benefits! If you are an online student, you can use your benefits to attend a Global Education program as long as the classes you are taking are applicable to your degree program.
Effective August 1, 2020, VA benefits cannot be used towards Partnership or Exchange programs. Students interested in pursuing a long-term experience outside of the Global Education Office should meet with the ASU Pat Tillman Veterans Center to discuss opportunities and procedures to transfer to an international institution.