ASU Online Students
By participating in a Global Education program, ASU Online students have the opportunity to develop a global perspective in your field of study, gain a sense of direction and purpose for your future career, and begin to build a network of professional contacts around the world. Potential employers value the skills students gain abroad such as critical thinking, problem solving, flexibility, adaptability, confidence, and other cultural competencies.
ASU Online campus students are eligible and encouraged to participate in Global Education Office programs. With programs in over 65 countries, totaling more than 250 different programs, you can find the perfect program to allow you to get from behind the screen and into the world!
ASU Online Students can study abroad during any term, including summer of fall/spring semester, as well as spring break programs. Learn more about your opportunities to participate in a Global Education program as an Online student!
Steps to Participate in a Global Education Program for ASU Online Students
- REVIEW the ASU Online website to find details about Global Education for ASU Online students.
- SEARCH the Global Education Office website and/or visit us.
- CONTACT the Global Education Office International Coordinator for your selected program(s). You may take this step at any time during this process. Click here to schedule a phone, Skype, or in-person appointment.
- CHOOSE your program carefully. Review our tips for choosing your study abroad program for tips on selecting the right program for you.
- MEET with your academic advisor to discuss your plans to study abroad.
- APPLY for your program by the deadline posted on your selected program page on the Global Education Office website. To begin your application, click the "Apply Now" button on the page for your selected program. When prompted, log in with your new ASURITE UserID and Password.
- SUBMIT all required application items by the posted deadlines, following the instructions provided.
- PAY your non-refundable $50 Application Fee, which will be charged to your ASU student account.
- APPLY for a passport if you don’t already have one. Consider visiting the ASU U.S. Passport Acceptance Office to apply for, or renew, your passport.
- CONFIRM your participation in your selected program by clicking the “Commit” button. This option will not be available to you until you have been accepted into your selected Global Education program.
- COMPLETE all required pre-departure orientation activities.
- APPLY for a student visa for the country you are going to (if required). Information on your visa requirements (including important links) will be provided to you by the Global Education Office.
- PAY your final study abroad Program Fee, which will be charged to your ASU student account.
Hear from ASU Online students about their Global Education experiences:
- Global Health major, Amanda Pinnock: Finding yourself by getting lost
- Health Sciences (Healthy Lifestyle Coaching) major, Pat Doyle: ASU Online student travels 8,000 miles to inspire healthy lifestyles
- Film and Media Studies major, Michelle Engl: Studies abroad enrich ASU film major's experience