Why you should participate in a Global Education Program
Students often cite participating in Global Education programs as the highlight of their academic career and a crucial moment in helping them gain a clearer view of the world, its peoples and the complex challenges facing us all. The School of Human Evolution and Social Change offers a suite of faculty-directed Global Education programs designed to connect students with real-life issues that impact local communities yet transect borders. Whether studying environmental and health issues in Australia or investigating the intertwined nature of food and culture in France, you will see the world as you never have before and come away with memories to last a lifetime.
Global Education programs provide an opportunity for you to develop a valuable skill set that can enhance your overall college experience, and prepare you for career and advanced study opportunities by:
- Improving cross cultural skills for effective communication across populations
- Developing critical teamwork and problem solving skills as you collaborate with others in an international setting
- Expanding knowledge of the liberal arts through the lens of different cultures, traditions and histories
- Networking with students, faculty, and community members internationally with similar interests and goals
- Enhancing your portfolio of experience through unique hands-on research and community-based opportunities