Pursuing a global experience is an investment in your future. Like any other type of investment, it requires careful planning and management. However, the personal, academic, and professional rewards that you will gain from this experience will last a lifetime. You should carefully consider costs, budgets, and financing when selecting and preparing for your global experience.
Review Cost Sheet
You can find a Cost Sheet for your program on the Cost Info tab of the Global Education Office webpage for your program. The Cost Sheet will highlight the costs that are billed to your student account as well as additional estimated costs that are not billed to your student account but that you might expect to spend while participating. Be sure to note what expenses are included in the fees charged by the Global Education Office, and remember to budget additional money for airfare, passport and visa fees and personal expenses as needed since these are not included in any Program Fee.
Once you have reviewed the Cost Sheet for your program and are aware of the costs you might expect to spend on your program, you can begin to make a plan for financing your global education program. You can receive funding for your program through financial aid, scholarships and grants, and community-based fundraising efforts. We encourage you to:
- Speak to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services (FASS) about financial aid;
- Use our Scholarships and Grants page to search for general global education scholarships and scholarships that are unique to your program;
- Read the Community-Based Funding Guide for creative ways that past ASU students have funded their programs.
We encourage you to speak to a Financial Aid Counselor, who can help you figure out how your financial aid might be applied to your global education program. Be sure to seek answers to the following questions from a Financial Aid Counselor:
- How do loans work for my global education program? What kinds of aid/loans do I currently receive, and are there any restrictions on this aid if I participate on a GEO program?
- Have I reached the maximum of (insert name of) loan allowed per academic year?
- When will funds be released for my semester of participation?
- How will additional scholarships impact my ASU financial aid?
The School of Life Sciences offers scholarships for which you may apply.
Attend Financing Workshop
Would you like help learning about your financing options? We offer Financing Your Global Education Program Workshops through Fall and Spring semesters. Join us to learn how to finance your global education program through financial aid, scholarships and grants, and community-based funding.